By FHSU University Communications
Hays, Kan. –Three FHSU student teams will advance to the finals of the annual $10K Faulkner Entrepreneurial Challenge for a Better Future. Following oral presentations by eight teams on March 25, the three finalists will present their business plans from 10 a.m.-Noon Saturday at FHSU’s Hansen Hall.
The Faulkner Challenge is a business plan competition designed to develop entrepreneurial imagination and innovation in university students, regardless of major or interests. It is open to any new venture in the conceptual stage, the seed stage, or the startup stage. Teams are evaluated on their ability to identify market opportunities, value propositions, and sustainable competitive advantage.
The following are the eight presentations, with a brief synopsis of each.
Top three finalists (in alphabetical order)
- Innovia Construction, LLC 3D printed homes – building sustainable, high-quality homes for an affordable price. Team members: Max Weimer, Caitlin Leiker, Tanner Miller, and Alicia Feyerherm.
- Salma Beauty – a sustainable makeup startup that draws inspiration from the beauty of Morocco. Team members: Fiorella Mendez, Diana Angarita, Bass Fall, and Mohamed Didi.
- TransFortified – a website for transgender and nonbinary individuals to access direct peer support, legal information, health, and personal tips. Team member: PJ Stauffer.
Other presentations from the March 25th semi-final event:
- Apollo Sports – a family-friendly sports-themed restaurant that sells sports team merchandise. Team: Reed Knitter
- BIA – focusing on solving water quality issues around the world. Team: Tyler Preisser and Lincoln Myers.
- Mid America Reproduction Solutions – offering services for selective breeding techniques for cattle producers. Team: Caleb McAfee
- Tango – creating eco-friendly tote bags to eliminate plastic bag use. Team: Chelsie Rose, Luciana Mendoza, and Shelbie Ford
- Tiger Claw Predator Management – focuses on managing coyotes and other predators in the Hays area. Team: Ethan McPherson.